- Two Greek anarchists are making molotov cocktails. One says to the other: "So who will we throw these at then?" The other replies: "What are you, some kind of fucking intellectual?"
- Kieran on #OccupyDandenong: Support occupying workers at International Flavours & Fragrances!
- ablokeimet on #OccupyDandenong: Support occupying workers at International Flavours & Fragrances!
- Uschi on Herr Reverend in the news.com.au
- @ndy on Nationalist Alternative throw their former Führer under the bus #antifa
- patty on Nationalist Alternative throw their former Führer under the bus #antifa
- Butt Darling on Citizen slackbastard is a detective (The 7.30 Report)
- Kay on Dr James Saleam & ‘The Audacity of Hate’
- Rightguy on Jock Palfreeman & Fascism in Bulgaria
- @ndy on antifa notes (january 16, 2015)
- The red and black juggalo on antifa notes (january 16, 2015)
- #OccupyDandenong: Support occupying workers at International Flavours & Fragrances!
- Citizen slackbastard is a detective (The 7.30 Report)
- Letter from asylum seekers in “Foxtrot” compound at #ManusIsland internment camp
- antifa notes (january 16, 2015)
- A note on Facebook (esp for Strayan #antifa) …
- Graeber et al on the ‘Rojava Revolution’
- antifa notes (january 1, 2015)
- Australian Defence League receive informal ‘cease and desist’ letter, postmarked Lakemba (2195)
- Pilot refuses to fly after plane protest by cuffed asylum seeker
- Far right, post-siege …
Tag Archives: Socialist Alternative
On August 29, my favourite Tory politician (and federal education minister) Christopher Pyne wrote an article for Uncle Rupert’s The Australian decrying anti-Semitism on Australian university campuses and identifying the neo-Cliffite political organisation Socialist Alternative as a major culprit. Subsequently, … Continue reading →
Yo Gabba Gabba wrote me to say he couldn’t find Socialist Alternative leader Mick Armstrong’s statement in response to a disturbance at an anti-G20 rally in Melbourne in November 2006. Given also the recent stoopid regarding the G20 meeting in … Continue reading →
A critic sent me the above image to accompany the launch of a new fortnightly newspaper, Red Flag. Produced by Socialist Alternative, “a revolutionary Marxist organisation” (with many hundreds of members it is, perhaps, apart from Socialist Alliance, the largest … Continue reading →
An innocuous building for so monumental a task! behind iron gates & anonymous windows technicians in white smocks toil like busy little bees investigating in electromicroscopic detail the vinegrated cerebrums of late soviet luminaries to determine what made their heads … Continue reading →
Clenched fist salute to Axeris; here are some links to blah blah blah about unity (RSP+SAlt=SAlt) on the Australian (Marxist) left. Note that at their weekend conference, SAlt agreed that the RSP was tops and could totally join them. • … Continue reading →
Recently (November 22), ‘Socialist Alternative’ published an article by Louise O’Shea titled ‘Jill Meagher, Reclaim the Night and the political right’. The article attempts to mount an argument, seemingly directed at other segments of the Australian left, regarding the public … Continue reading →
not really a post so much as a note to self: a SAlt member has written an article examining the public reaction to the rape and murder of jill meagher in melbourne in september. it’s a bit controversial. according to … Continue reading →
Presumably stung into action by Socialist Alternative’s publication (September 25) of a love letter (September 15) from Socialist Alliance, the Revolutionary Socialist Party has hit back (October 2) with a tawdry letter of its own, one which suggests that things … Continue reading →
0. A slightly random assortment of links and lamentations partly prompted by Landeryou labelling this blog as lefty inre Gerry Hand (and Lindsay Tanner). 1. “[Lindsay Tanner's] predecessor in the federal seat of Melbourne, Gerry Hand, spent decades denouncing Indonesia … Continue reading →
This is what happens when I’m not paying attention. Barely have I recovered from the fact that a card-carrying Communist has been elected to local council in Sydney when I discover that the Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP), born in 2008 … Continue reading →