Free Lex Wotton Rally, Melbourne, Saturday, November 1

Free Lex Wotton Rally and March
Midday
Saturday
1st November, 2008
Old GPO, Bourke St Mall

Free all political prisoners!
Stop Aboriginal deaths in custody!

For more information:
Tel: 03 9388 0062
Mob: 0419 538 425 or 0401 806 331

Initiated by the Indigenous Social Justice Association, Melbourne.

About @ndy

I live in Melbourne, Australia. I like anarchy. I don't like nazis. I enjoy eating pizza and drinking beer. I barrack for the greatest football team on Earth: Collingwood Magpies. The 2020 premiership's a cakewalk for the good old Collingwood.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Free Lex Wotton Rally, Melbourne, Saturday, November 1

  1. Sarah Fitzenmeyer says:

    More rallies are planned for November 7. In Sydney:

    FREE LEX WOTTON!

    Rally
    Outside the Sydney District Court,
    Downing Centre,
    143-147 Liverpool St (cnr Elizabeth St),
    City

    1pm, November 7*

    *Note that this is part of an International Day of Action called by Lex’s family members and coincides with the day that Lex Wotton is scheduled to have a sentencing hearing in Townsville.

    For information call 0404 298 588 (Lyall & Jenny Munro, spokespeople for Lex Wotton).

  2. Excron says:

    “Free all political prisoners!”

    Toben is a political prisoner: should he be released?

  3. @ndy says:

    Cheers Sarah.

    Excron: if you have a spare $250,000. I’d get Countess Michèle Susan Mainwaring Griaznoff Peacock Sangster Renouf on the phone quick smart.

    ============

    UK judge throws out Australian’s Holocaust denial case
    Stephanie Kennedy
    ABC
    October 30, 2008

    A British judge has dismissed a case against a South Australian man who is wanted in Germany for Holocaust denial.

    Fredrick Toben was arrested at Heathrow airport earlier this month while he was in transit from America to Dubai.

    He is wanted in Germany on charges that he is a Holocaust denier, after his Adelaide Institute website published claims that there was no mass murder of Jews by the Nazis.

    Overnight a British court found the arrest warrant was invalid, describing it as vague and imprecise.

    The prosecution has lodged an appeal with the High Court but the 64-year-old has been granted conditional bail until the case is heard early next year.

    He will be released from custody after he comes up with $250,000. He will also have to stay in the UK, and he has been banned from using the internet.

    ============

    German prosecutors to appeal after Toben’s release
    Petr Kohn
    Australian Jewish News
    October 30, 2008

    ADELAIDE man Fredrick Toben has won at least a temporary reprieve from being sent to Germany to stand trial for Holocaust denial.

    In London’s Westminster Magistrates Court, Judge Daphne Wickham ruled yesterday that a European Union arrest warrant under which Toben was picked up at Heathrow Airport on October 1 was invalid as it was not detailed enough.

    The AJN understands that the German warrant, which is based on Toben’s alleged violations of Germany’s criminal code between 2000 and 2004, may have deliberately avoided greater detail in order to facilitate his extradition.

    Holocaust denial is a crime in Germany, but not in Britain where Toben was arrested or in Australia where the offensive content was posted on his Adelaide Institute website. However, it is prohibited by Australian anti-discrimination laws.

    Lawyers for prosecutors from Germany’s Mannheim court are now preparing to appeal the ruling in Britain’s High Court.

    Meanwhile, Judge Wickham has granted Toben bail with strict conditions, including a surety of 100,000 pounds, banning him from using the internet and requiring him to report to police daily.

    If Toben manages to avoid being sent to Germany and convicted there of Holocaust denial on the internet, he still faces judgement and sentencing in a contempt case now before the Federal Court of Australia.

    Jeremy Jones, who was president of the Executive Council of Australian Jewry in 2002 when the Federal Court ordered Toben to remove and not replace offensive material denying the Holocaust on his Adelaide Institute website, launched the contempt action in 2006 after repeated violations.

  4. Excron says:

    I am asking you.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.