So I’ve been reading over some @ blogs. In particular, the ones I include(d) on my blogroll. Here’s what I’ve discovered:
1) Two have disappeared (including that of Bangladeshi journalist Tasneem Khalil, forced to flee the country in August).
2) A number of others have become dormant. aketus hasn’t posted since June 28, anarchafairy July 7, Anarcho-Din May 11, Angry White Kid July 25, Blogging the Middle East February 11, Bloggreen July 31 (although here it is a case of simply moving address), Callan ain’t posted nothin’ since December 26, 2006, love and rage since May 1 (although love bears an eerie resemblance to another blog whose name and location escapes me for the moment),* there’s been no further filth from the fine folks at Riot Porn since June 4 and finally The Disillusioned Kid has become disillusioned with blogging, and stopped doing so on July 19.
3) In other words, over the last nine months or so, about a third of my anarchist blogroll has disappeared, and only one new (for old) blog emerged.
4) So what? Well, like Robert Plant, it makes me wonder: why bother? Way I see it, the Vikings had the right idea.
And Viking Kittens leave Blood Red Eagle for fucking dead.
A mob in Aotearoa/New Zealand has established a new website, Civil Rights Defence, “as part of the nationwide support campaign for those arrested, questioned and harassed by Police during and since the October 15th raids across the North Island and Christchurch”. In Sydney, there’s gonna be a rally in support on Thursday, October 25th @ 5:30pm outside the NZ Consulate-General, 55 Hunter St, Sydney. (Nearest train station is Martin Place.) In Melbourne, the next planned rally is Saturday, October 27th @ midday in Federation Square (City).
Previously on Terror Threat Blues:
- “Terrorist Army” forms in Melbourne
In response to raids and arrests in Aotearoa, 30 people gathered to protest outside the New Zealand Consulate-General in inner city Melbourne on Tuesday (October 16).
At 2pm NZ time, members of the group donned a number of repertory style military hats and proclaimed the establishment of an Insurrectionary Army.
A spokesperson said, “If evidence of terrorism now includes wearing military camouflage and crawling through the bush, then wearing a fighter pilot’s skull-cap and sailor’s hat surely makes us a threat to National Security. We are here to point out that the New Zealand and Australian definition of a ‘Terrorist’ is now so broad as to be meaningless.”
The group then launched an air strike on the NZ Consulate, throwing several paper airplanes at the plate glass.
Several people spoke, expressing concern and solidarity for all those in New Zealand affected by aggressive police actions. Comparisons were made with tactics of police intimidation in Australia and the US, where serious charges against political activists are widely publicised, later to be quietly dropped for lack of evidence.
Word on the street is that the group of masked anarchists otherwise known as the dreaded Dole Army may also once again emerge from Melbourne’s storm-water drains in response to the crackdown in Aotearoa. A press release urges fellow Australians to ‘join the Army’ and use the massive sums of money they regularly defraud the Government of to purchase one enormous paper airplane, to fly to Aotearoa and join the underground movement there. Or, possibly, to dig a tunnel beneath the Tasman to free their jailed comrades. For reasons of state, plans are yet to be finalised…
I should restart Blog of the reds and futurama fans. The nerds are as evil as ever and the goths keep on hanging around Fair Way Drive. The punks are also hanging out at the music shop. That is very odd. All this are just some of many reasons why the proletariat need the Blog of the reds and futurama fans. The conspiricy must stop. Mr Watt must be having a field day.
I hereby declare @ndy as “Most Endurable Keyboard Anarchist In Ze World!”
@ndy is the Sylvester Stallone of Anarcho-Blogging!!