For the last few weeks The Great Aussie Patriot (aka Shermon Burgess) has been co-producing propaganda videos with a small group of neo-Nazis calling themselves ‘Nationalist Republican Guard’. Never one to miss an opportunity to wrap himself and his neo-Nazi collaborators in the Australian flag, Burgess recently appealed to his 11,000+ followers on Facebook for images of their dead, soldiering ancestors to be used as grist in his anti-Muslim propaganda mill.
Granted, Burgess is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but his inability to distinguish his arse from his elbow has also impaired his ability to distinguish an ANZAC from a fascist dictator, 1920s gangster and French serial killer. Included in the boys’ video are the following figures:
• US author Ernest Hemmingway;
• fascist dictator Benito Mussolini;
• French doctor and serial killer Marcel Petiot;
• WWI German fighter pilot Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen (The Red Baron);
• fictional character Tom Sullivan (of 1970s TV show The Sullivans) and;
• Australian 1920s gangster Squizzy Taylor.
Or perhaps public embarrassment is simply the price you pay for hopping into bed with convicted anti-Semites?
If you have the stomach for their neo-Nazi nonsense, you can watch NRG’s video here.