The Department of
Incarceration & Bloody Policing Immigration & Border Protection organised a media event @ 2pm @ Flinders Street station in Melbourne today in order to celebrate the arrival of ‘Australian Border Force’.
But things didn’t go quite as they had planned …
• How the Operation #BorderForce fiasco unfolded, Angus Holland, The Age, August 28, 2015.
• Australian Border Force blames farcical events in Melbourne on ‘low level’ official – live, Paul Farrell, The Guardian, August 28, 2015.
• Twitter tracked to downfall of Operation Fortitude one Simpsons meme at a time, Kate Aubusson, The Sydney Morning Herald, August 28, 2015.
• A Solemn Recap Of That Time The Australian Border Force Nearly Invaded Melbourne, Meg Watson, Junkee, August 28, 2015.
• Border Force: Operation Fortitude cancelled as protesters take to Melbourne’s CBD streets, Alana Schetzer and Tammy Mills, The Age, August 28, 2015.
• Australian Border Force’s visa crackdown dumped after backlash, Anthony Dowsley, Alex White, Chanel Kinniburgh and AAP, Herald Sun, August 28, 2015.
• ‘Clumsy’ Operation Fortitude nothing to do with Minister’s office, ABF head says, Stephanie Anderson and Sacha Payne with AAP, SBS, August 28, 2015.
• XBORDER : xclnt blog detailing nature of border policing in Australia : On-Water Operations /// Internment Industry Supply-Chains & Infrastructure /// Precarious Lives /// Global Problem, Global Links, Global Campaign /// Antiracism – Alerta, Antifa
• Creation of a Racist State? My VISA is my Skin Colour #MyVisaIsMySkinColour, RISE, August 28, 2015.
• Explainer: What is the Australian Border Force?, ABC, August 28, 2015.
• If Border Force acts like this in Melbourne, what do they do offshore?, Jeff Sparrow, The Guardian, August 28, 2015.
• Border Force operation reflects a disturbing attitude, Human Rights Law Centre, August 28, 2015.
I saw that your communist/socialist wanker friends protested against Christopher Pyne at my old university, Victoria University Footscray Campus, where I did my 4 year degree in Psychology.
I used to argue with socialist/communist idiots every day at my university campus for years. I was pretty much the only bonehead at the Footscray campus, no one messed with me ever. Mr Pyne is a bit of a softie physically so I can understand why the silly socialists would target him. Mr Pyne and his bodyguards made the protesters look like fools.
Andy, what are your thoughts on the current refugee situation in Europe?
It would appear to be the case that the wars in the Middle East are generating a significant increase in people seeking asylum in Europe. In general, movements of people across state borders in that part of the world is provoking a crisis of management among European elites.
James Lawrence, if you were, as you self-describe, a bonehead then you would’ve been a bit of an idiot yourself, no? Perhaps some existential psychotherapy may help?