On this month’s episode of the ‘Floating Anarchy’ edition of The SUWA Show (3CR /// 855AM /// Friday, January 22, 2016: 5.30-6.30pm), my co-host Dr Cam Smith and I talk to Professor Rob Sparrow of Monash University — recently declared to be the author of my blog by some neo-Nazi critics — and to Jason Wilson, a freelance journalist who’s written several articles for The Guardian on the subject of the ongoing occupation by ‘patriots’ of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon, USA.
• From Oregon to Australia: the unifying force of far-right resentment (January 19, 2016)
• The Oregon militia revolt recipe: timber, despair and a crippling political isolation (January 15, 2016)
• The Bundy bunch: who are the armed militia in the Oregon standoff? (w Sam Levin, January 6, 2016)
• Authorities plan to cut off power to militia at occupied Oregon refuge (w John M Glionna, January 5, 2016)
• Oregon armed occupiers include prominent anti-Islam activist (January 5, 2016)
• Oregon militia occupying wildlife refuge aims to overthrow government, says sheriff (January 4, 2016)
• Oregon militia threatens showdown with US agents at wildlife refuge (January 4, 2016)
• Rural Organizing Project : “The Rural Organizing Project (ROP) is a statewide organization of locally-based groups that work to create communities accountable to a standard of human dignity: the belief in the equal worth of all people, the need for equal access to justice and the right to self-determination.”
• Spencer Sunshine : What the Oregon Standoff Is Really About, yes!, January 15, 2016 | Interview with Spencer Sunshine on the Oregon Militia Occupation, It’s Going Down, January 11, 2016 | I Studied Oregon’s Militia Movement. Here’s 5 Things You Need to Know, US Uncut, January 3, 2016.
• Campaign to Stop Killer Robots | Stephen Hawking, Noam Chomsky and thousands of others sign open letter calling for a ban on ‘killer robots’, The Independent, July 28, 2015.
Folks in Melbourne may be interested in popping along to: