- Shot Tyler’s ‘nationalist’ MySpace page
December 12, 2008
Shot teen Tyler Cassidy a member of ‘white pride’ group
December 12, 2008
Shot teen Tyler Cassidy was member of Southern Cross Soldiers
UPDATE: Milanda Rout | December 12, 2008
Curiously, the main SCS page on myspace has been cancelled…
- Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted.
For the curious, there’s Google cache.
Also for the curious : Tyler’s myspace page: TYLERS [S.C.S] P.T.B.A heart is screaming with pride…
THE following are the events leading to the fatal shooting of 15-year-old Tyler Cassidy in Melbourne on Thursday night:
* Tyler Cassidy is involved in a fight at family home in Northcote, and takes two knives but family members disarm him.
* Tyler leaves the house angry and upset and goes to Northcote Plaza shopping centre. He goes into K-Mart store and steals two knives, according to a witness. He slashed boxes as he left armed with the knives. Police are contacted.
* Tyler is seen behaving irrationally with the knives in the centre carpark and goes to All Nations Park next to the shopping centre. More calls to police are made.
* Four police officers – two males and two females – arrive and try to negotiate with the boy.
* He approaches officers so they deploy capsicum spray, but it does not subdue him.
* Tyler urges police to kill him or he will kill them. He approaches one officer and a warning shot is fired. He ignores demands to back off and three of the four officers fire, killing him.
Statement from the family of Tyler Cassidy about his shooting death
The entire family and friends of Tyler Cassidy are appalled at the actions by the Victoria Police last night.
Their heavy-handedness, and lack of negotiating skills at the scene of the shooting, contributed to the untimely death of our beautiful 15 year old.
He was in the prime of his life, had just started a new school, and was coping really well. He was a popular student with high expectations and a good network of friends.
The Northcote police were notified 30 minutes prior to the killing and briefed completely on what had happened including what he was wearing and to look out for Tyler.
The four officers concerned acted unacceptably by killing Tyler last night. He had a very gentle side, striving to grow from a boy into a young man and would have been completely overwhelmed by the situation.
The police according to our witnesses chased him, cornered him at the skate park in Northcote, he was surrounded and gunned down by four officers firing at least six or seven shots.
Our eyewitness confirmed that Tyler patted her dog, was confronted by the police and sprayed with capsicum foam, then pursued to the skate park, surrounded and hunted down.
We look forward to a serious and thorough investigation and inquest into why Tyler was killed and to the serious nature of the attending officers’ actions.
It should have been dealt with differently and more compassionately, but tragically resulted in Tyler’s death that should have been avoided.
“I promise you my darling, I will fight for you as you were taken from me under the most horrific circumstances.
“Why was he slayed to death when it was so unnecessary. Four officers were not capable of managing the situation.
“Now you have passed over I will speak for you and others like you,” Shani, Tyler’s mother
This is a released statement on behalf of his loving family and friends. He died alone without his family at his side, gasping his last breath, he was only a scared little boy… Rest in Peace. 12/12/2008