I was curious, so I went looking. Here’s what I found:
• Alice’s Bookshop : 629 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North
• Already Read : 98 Scotchmer Street, North Fitzroy
• Bound Words : 283 Hampton Street, Hampton
• Brown & Bunting : 237 High Street, Northcote
• City Basement Books : 342 Flinders Street, Melbourne
• Essendon 2nd Hand : Shop 2, 134 Pascoe Vale Road, Moonee Ponds
• Fully Booked : 824 High Street, Thornbury
• Golden Bowl Books : 280 Sydney Road, Coburg
• Grub Street Bookshop, 379 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy [Facebook]
• McLeods : 10 Station Street, Nunawading
• The Merchant of Fairness : South Melbourne Market / 237A Whitehorse Road, Balwyn
• New International : Trades Hall, 54 Victoria Street, Carlton
— NIBS also carries a large range of new titles of interest.
• Page After Page : 963 Canterbury Road, Box Hill
• Page Two : 99 George Street, Fitzroy
• Sainsburys Books : 534 Riversdale Road, Camberwell
• Syber’s Books : 38 Chapel Street, Windsor / 668 Glenhuntly Road, Caulfield
* Sadly, Allsorts in Northcote CLOSED in DEC last year.
** Barwon Booksellers in Geelong is very good; so is The Book Barn in Daylesford.
*** The Book Grocer has several outlets in the CBD, and while not second-hand often carries Remainders Of Interest.
**** The 9th annual ‘Melbourne Anarchist Bookfair’ is once again taking place at Brunswick Town Hall on Saturday, August 11. Entry is free and childcare is available. Along with stalls there’ll be various workshops and presentations. For more deets see the MABF website.