Having recently completed a whirlwind tour of anarchism in Australia, I thought I’d turn to anarchism in the Australian blogosphere. Unfortunately, this would appear to be an even briefer excursion into the political wilderness, as aside from yours truly, there appears to be relatively few Australian anarchist bloggers. Here’s an A-Z — presumably incomplete — of the ones I’ve been able to discover thus far:
1) An Australian Anarchist Weblog : Established by Chris in August 2004, its most recent entry is dated February 14, 2008.
2) Brisbane Anarchists Sabotaging the Australian Representative Democracy (B.A.S.T.A.R.D) : Has a blog, with entries by cuzzicatiche, Communard, DaveK, Gerald Keaney and kimk. Created September 18, 2005; most recent entry March 25, 2008.
3) Dole Diary : Never work. Don’t blog. Not since February 5, 2008, anyway. Since June 4, 2003.
4) insultadarity : Meaning. Since some point in the past. Kreator of insults and imgs, like the one gracing this post, since January 8, 2007.
5) Jura : One of two anarchist infoshops in Sydney, Jura’s bloggy goodness was opened for business on December 31, 2007.
6) Radical Cross Stitch : “Ladies, there is no neutral position for us to assume.” Forget Marx, get set, knit!
7) run amok : Go on. You know you should. Since January 22, 2005.
- OTT : Solidarity.net.au has finally gone live.
Still trying to decide whether to shut down the blog or not. Given I’ve been working for a fair while now, it feels a bit weird to be going under the moniker “Lumpen” and keeping a blog called ‘Dole Diary’. Notch that up to a Centrelink victory; they broke me. I couldn’t stand being on the dole anymore.
I’m thinking about starting an all-new, all different blog. Not especially anarchist, just with anarchist bits in it.
Not quite an anarchist but…
Jesus @ndy. It’s not knitting. Knitting sucks.
“Forget Marx, get set, knit!” read “Forget Marx, get set, stitch!” see? HEAPS different. Ideology @ndy!
BTW I’m the 9th coolest cross stitch site on the internet according to google. Do you know how many cross stitch sites there are? Over half a million! Woah!
Jesus is @ndy?
I’m back on the blog. I have recently moved to Darwin and have taken some time to get my head around my new job. I hope to start blogging again regularly. I’m toying with the idea of a regular ‘Report from Darwin’. Good luck and love to all the @’s in Melbourne. It’s HOT up here!