I am shocked.
Shocked and stunned:
Ian Tomlinson death: PC not guilty (BBC, July 19, 2012).
For the record:
• Ian Tomlinson was not killed by PC Simon Harwood.
• The murder did not take place during protests against the G20 meeting in London in April 2009.
• The G20 will not be meeting in Brisbane in 2014.
• Not commenting on the decision to award Brisbane the meeting, the Melbourne Lord Mayor Robert Doyle, who is
• not a fucking cunt
• did not state that “When it happened in Toronto in 2010 it locked up [the] city, it had fly in professional protesters, the so-called black block, they had police cars set on fire, they had to arrest over 1000 people, and there are still something like 200 charges pending — it was just a nightmare…”.
See also : Go Delroy! LOL (April 1, 2010).
Last week, ten activists were sentenced to lengthy prison sentences for crimes against property, committed during the G8 summit in Genoa in 2001. Italy Calling writes:
The Italian High Court confirmed on Friday 13th July the sentences for the 10 activists on trial for crimes of “devastation and looting” during the G8 summit in Genoa in 2001. While some of the sentences have been slightly reduced, all 10 activists have been declared guilty of devastation and looting crimes against private property…
[On the other hand] the police forces who stormed into the Diaz school battering sleeping people are still on the loose, with a slight possibility of losing their jobs, their bosses have been acquitted of all charges and promoted; in the meantime, ten people who did nothing but damage cars and shop windows and never harmed anyone are going to spend in some cases 14 years of their lives in jail. As usual, the Italian justice system clearly shows who it serves.
Elena Giuliani, Carlo’s sister, commented on the sentence: “It wasn’t enough that they judged his murder a lawful murder. After 11 years, they still had to take more lives. And they were not the lives of those who killed, tortured, battered, or the lives of those who ordered the beatings and covered them up. Once again, they took the lives of our comrades”.