See : Iron March Leaks : Aussie Pride Edition (1) (November 10, 2019) | The Iron March Data Dump Provides a Window Into How White Supremacists Communicate and Recruit, Jacques Singer-Emery, Rex Bray, III, Lawfare, February 27, 2020 | Transnational White Terror: Exposing Atomwaffen And The Iron March Networks, Team Ross, Bevensee, and ZC (in collaboration with the Autonomous Disinformation Research Network), bellingcat, December 19, 2019 | Leak from neo-Nazi site could identify hundreds of extremists worldwide, Jason Wilson, The Guardian, November 8, 2019.
I began writing this post several months ago, with the expectation that the exercise would likely be rendered redundant as others explored, analysed and then published their findings inre the content of the leaked material. But aside from two articles in The Australian — ‘Inside the twisted world of a braggart Australian neo-Nazi’ (Mark Schliebs, November 15, 2019), about Steve ‘Neizbezhnost’ Braddy, and ‘Fascist forum targeted Anzac Day’ (December 3, 2019, in which ‘Australian users of an influential white nationalist forum privately schemed about weaponising Anzac Day to win over more supporters for fascist causes, a Storyful analysis has shown’) — I’m aware of very little being written regarding the 50+ Australian users on the Iron March forum. There have, however, been a number of other articles published elsewhere which make reference to its “Aussie Proide!” contingent, including Dutch active on hacked neo-Nazi forum: report (Janene Pieters, NL Times, January 24, 2020), as:
In August 2017 a Dutch person contacted a representative of a well-known Australian neo-Nazi group. “I want to set up a movement in the Netherlands with a few friends, can I ask you some questions about the right tactics?” he asked, according to AD. The Australian advised him to always search new members for eavesdropping equipment, and always communicate via secure email addresses. This same Dutch person wondered [why] the “muzzies”, Muslims according to the newspaper, cannot attack Gay Pride in Amsterdam.
And previously, Escape: The neverending online threats to female journalists (Jacob Dube, Ryerson Review of Journalism, May 24, 2018) in which, for writer Ginger Gorman, things ‘got more personal when the now-defunct Nazi website Iron March published a photograph of her family, a brutal blow for Gorman, whose maternal grandparents had survived the Holocaust’. Finally, December 2019 also saw the publication of ‘Deadly serious’: Ex neo-Nazi and Iron March user speaks out on de-radicalization (Christy Somos, CTVNews, December 4, 2019), in which a former user, S.G., credits the antifa (anti-fascist) movement for doing the majority of the work necessary to break down barriers. “As someone who was, you know, on the other side, I can say the work that they [antifa] are doing is indispensable,” he said. “The anti-fascists have probably done more than any authorities to disrupt and combat the rise of fascism. There is no ‘both sides’ when [it] comes to the anti-fascists,” S.G. said. “They are right.”
In any case, rather than waste any more time on it, below is a brief summary of what I’ve gleaned thus far from the database. As noted previously, there’s a handful of users who were fairly easy to identify. This includes Shermon Burgess (Australian Defence League > Reclaim Australia > United Patriots Front > Australian Patriots Uprising > o b s c u r i t y), Lisa Beulah/Sandford (Iron March > NSW Young Nationals), Matthew Grant (Eureka Youth League) and Jacob Hersant (Antipodean Resistance > The Lads Society). Iron March was of course the birthplace not only of Atomwaffen and National Action but of local neo-Nazi groupuscule Antipodean Resistance. This was largely thanks to the efforts of two young Hitler fanboys based in Melbourne, ‘kehlsteinhaus’ and ‘Xav’, but the site featured the shitposting of several others.
Following their proscription (see : ‘Only Bullets will Stop Us!’ – The Banning of National Action in Britain, Graham Macklin, Perspectives on Terrorism, Vol.12, No.6, December 2018 [PDF]), the boys of NA have been in all-sorts, and successor organisations have struggled to (re-)establish themselves. Atomwaffen too has fallen apart, with members being arrested for a string of alleged crimes, most recently for targeting journalists (see also : Reporter’s notebook: I was targeted by the neo-Nazi group Atomwaffen, Chris Ingalls, King5, February 27, 2020). Antipodean Resistance, meanwhile, has dissolved its public presence, and its members have joined groups such as The Lads Society. TLS has itself undergone some shifting of contents in the last two years, but after losing their centre first in Cheltenham and then in Ashfield, they’ve reopened another in Melbourne, and appear to have successfully avoided most of the political fallout associated with the massacre undertaken by one of its potential recruits in Christchurch. It’s almost a year since that awful event, and this week ASIO lvl boss Mike Burgess announced that neo-Nazis are ‘among Australia’s most challenging security threats’.
Mr Burgess said right-wing extremism had been in “ASIO’s sights for some time”, but had obviously come into “sharp, terrible focus” following last year’s Christchurch mass shooting.
“In Australia, the extreme right-wing threat is real and it is growing,” he said.
“In suburbs around Australia, small cells regularly meet to salute Nazi flags, inspect weapons, train in combat and share their hateful ideology,” he said.
Far right-wing groups are now more organised and security conscious than they were in previous years according to the ASIO boss, who has revealed Australian extremists are seeking to connect with like-minded individuals in other parts of the world.
In a previously undisclosed case from earlier this year, ASIO advice led to an Australian being blocked from leaving the country to “fight with an extreme right-wing group on a foreign battlefield”.
“While these are small in number at this time in comparison to what we saw with foreign fighters heading to the Middle East, any development like this is very concerning,” Mr Burgess observed.
“Meanwhile, extreme right-wing online forums such as The Base proliferate on the internet, and attract international memberships, including from Australians.”
The ASIO boss said his organisation expected such groups would “remain an enduring threat, making more use of online propaganda to spread their messages of hate”.
“While we would expect any right-wing-extremist-inspired attack in Australia to be low capability — i.e. a knife, gun or vehicle attack — more sophisticated attacks are possible.”
As an aside, some of the language employed here is a little curious. Hence ‘In suburbs around Australia, small cells regularly meet to salute Nazi flags, inspect weapons, train in combat and share their hateful ideology’, which implies that while these aspiring génocidaires are content to inspect weapons, they’re not actually training in their use.
Which seems mistaken.
• Handles are shown in alphabetical order, along with ID number, email address, and notes
• Further infos, including IPs and possible locations, is available on The Jewish Worker database
• It’s likely that trawling thru the data will provide further infos on users (lots, in fact)
• A number of users are (were) teenyboppers; almost all are male, many Catholic
• For reasons, some users are omitted; so too some infos
1) 4ntioch ID: 14204 – [email protected] > [?]
2) Arthur Calwell ID: 15189 – [email protected] > Cameron Brodie-Hall > https://www.facebook.com/cameron.brodiehall.58 /// https://www.instagram.com/cameron_brodi3 /// https://www.pinterest.com.au/dinocam2001
3) aussie1 ID: 14520 – [email protected] > [?] > This fella attended a march & rally in June of 2017 (at which TLS fuehrer Tom Sewell and the recently-departed Julian de Ross spoke — see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/5032) and has also #ReadSiege (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/3754)
4) Aussie_Patriot ID: 14472 – [email protected] > Shermon Burgess
5) AussieRockwell ID: 14878 – [email protected] > Louie Hanna > https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012107142426
6) Australian Fascist ID: 13494 – [email protected] > [?] > NSW. OCT 2016 : 18yo (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/31674)
7) Bheothachadh ID: 14160 – [email protected] > “Radoje Luković” > https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100015909998160 > MAR 2017 : 16yo (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/18235)
8) Bog ID: 14434 – [email protected] > [?] > NSW. Catholic. MAY 2017 : 18yo (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/10626)
9) Bruce ID: 13925 – [email protected] > [?] > FEB 2017 : 19yo, AR member/supporter, ‘factory worker’ (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/22945)
10) Carlista ID: 8114 – [email protected] > Rohan Nest > https://www.facebook.com/rohan.nest
11) Cedric ID: 857 – [email protected] > Cedric Worthing > Worthing committed suicide in 2013
12) Chud ID: 9785 – [email protected] > “Bryce Ogorman” AKA “Bryce Jacques” > https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010893886400 /// https://www.reddit.com/user/CletusTheAborted > Brisbane, Eureka Youth League, studying Y12 in 2016
13) Cobber ID: 14050 – [email protected] > [?]
14) Dom ID: 14747 – [email protected] > AUG 2017 : PER, 29yo, ex-corrective services/security industry now labourer, MMA (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/908)
15) Dubya ID: 13181 – [email protected] > Canberra. JUL 2016 : 18yo, student (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/40084) > https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012755164751
16) Dugder ID: 14183 – [email protected] > [?]
20) HalArts ID: 13996 – [email protected] > “Nathaniel Anderson” AKA “Rusty Sandusky” > FEB 2017 : 20yo, studying 3D design & animation, responsible for designing AR propaganda (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/22224)
21) Havok ID: 64 – [email protected] > [?]
22) HenryDillman ID: 8059 – [email protected] > [?] > DOB: 2/8/1997 > SEQLD (see : www.ironmarch.exposed/message/18525#msg-18525) > OCT 2014 : 17yo student, born in South Africa, raised in UK, living in AUS (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/103067) > JAN 2015 : Expresses desire to join ADF (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/94845)
23) HitNix1488 ID: 13439 – [email protected] > [?] > https://twitter.com/garphoenix
24) Hund-Lehrer ID: 14409 – [email protected] > [?] > MAY 2017 : 24yo (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/11373)
25) HyperboreanGuy ID: 13252 – [email protected] > [?] > Perth (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/message/20055#msg-20055) > JUL 2016 : 20yo, Catholic, WN (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/37803)
26) Invictus ID: 13083 – [email protected] > [?] > “Michael”, “Michael Tanner” on FB > https://www.facebook.com/michael.tanner.39750 > MAY 2016 : 19yo (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/44077R/N) > NOV 2016 : In TAS (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/message/21327#msg-21327) > Attended Hobart College (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/message/18642#msg-18642) > works in kitchens
28) LARPing In The Woods ID: 14746 – [email protected] > ADE. Australia First Party > Late 20s, father to two daughters (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/877)
29) Legate_Lanius ID: 13484 – [email protected] > “Liam McNeill” > https://www.facebook.com/liam.mcneill.520 > SYD. Former artiste, volunteer firefighter, smol. SEP 2016 (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/32417)
30) Massgrave ID: 13831 – [email protected] > PER? Student. Polish & Portuguese ancestry (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/25129)
31) MattyG08 ID: 9457 – [email protected] > Matthew Grant (Eureka Youth League)
32) Nahkampf ID: 13407 – [email protected] > BRIS. SEP 2016 : 14yo, born in Gdańsk (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/33628)
33) Neizbezhnost ID: 9144 – [email protected] > Steve Braddy > DOB: 10/12 > ADE. Steve AKA Stiv AKA Charles (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/message/11648#msg-11648) AKA Стефан Брейди (Stefan Brady) > https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009461833365 > ‘My ex is now a fairly popular videogame-live streamer… thing. So I can’t stop seeing pictures of her or hearing her voice. There are pictures of her on my computer, every time i open my browser, FB, youtube, etc. So I’m just sitting around feeling regret and melancholy. (I can share this stuff with you and it’s not gay because you’re a girl right?) And another edit, happy Hitler’s birthday’ (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/message/11543#msg-11543) ‘She spoke English, Bulgarian, German, Russian, Latin’ > ‘Did I mention I was on the terror watch list and I got a visit from the feds?’ > https://www.ironmarch.exposed/message/11718#msg-11718 > ‘somebody in my family runs a business here and it involves flying people to the cebu island, so i can basically get free plane tickets’ (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/message/19913#msg-19913)
34) nmodzeh ID: 14522 – [email protected] > [?] > Another AR member/supporter, and a teenage grrl, apparently (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/7606) > “nmodzeh” and “R.B Cornwall” (below) attended the same school, from which they both logged on to the forum
39) Ragnarök ID: 13066 – [email protected] > [?] > BRIS. May 2016 : Student (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/44481) > Skype : mitchell.walker1488 > Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/volkskvlt [DEL]
40) R.B Cornwall ID: 14561 – [email protected] > [?] > https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011043003281 > “nmodzeh” (above) and “R.B Cornwall” attended the same school, from which they both logged on to the forum
41) Renaissance ID: 14077 – [email protected] > [?] MAR 2017 : 20yo linguistics student, medical condition
42) Sandgroper ID: 6237 – [email protected] > “Tom” > 0418 523 935
43) SARIAH ID: 13188 – [email protected] > [?] > Another grrl, apparently
44) Sigurd79 ID: 14441 – [email protected] > Steven Pidgeon
45) southernIMwwg ID: 14139 – [email protected] > [?]
46) Tasman ID: 13553 – [email protected] > [?] > OCT 2016 : 21yo Catholic (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/30996), AR member/supporter
47) TheMchap123 ID: 65 (2011–2013) – [email protected] > Michael Chapman > https://www.facebook.com/michael.chapman.161
48) TheTyrant ID: 14174 – [email protected] > Greg Hugi > MAR 2017 : 21yo Catholic, ex-ONP, WA (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/18901)
49) Tlaloc ID: 8064 – [email protected] > “Daniel Tinsley”? > https://www.duolingo.com/profile/kikekiller69
50) Token Seppo ID:13976 – [email protected] > [?] > FEB 2017 : Mid-20s, American-born, associated with Eureka Youth League (see : https://www.ironmarch.exposed/post/22719)
51) Umnachtung ID: 14853 – [email protected] > “Eric Breckel” > https://www.facebook.com/eric.breckel.37 > 19yo medical student from SYD
52) Unity ID: 9521 – [email protected] > [?] > TAS
53) Uzicko Kolo ID: 13932 – [email protected] > [?] > Another AR boy