Proudly Marching For Babies
Last year, Bernie Finn MP’s annual ‘March for the Babies’ employed members of the neo-Nazi groupuscule The Lads Society to provide security for the event; this year, the Lads were replaced by members of the Proud Boys, a number of whom also joined ex-Senator Fraser Anning’s parade in St Kilda in January.
Far right figures feature at abortion rally
October 14, 2019
Far-right extremists have joined Liberal MP Bernie Finn at his annual pro-life march to push changes to Victoria’s abortion laws.
Mr Finn, the president of March for the Babies, led the rally through the city last Saturday, which was also reportedly attended by Liberal colleague Neil Angus.
Members of the male-only far-right “Proud Boys” were seen at the rally, with a post on the group’s website describing a confrontation after the march with a counter-protester at a CBD bar.
Mr Finn told the crowd that Victoria “still has the worst, most extreme abortion law in Australia and one of the worst in the world”.
He also gave an interview at the rally to Dia Beltran, who runs a far-right YouTube channel which has featured notorious extremists Neil Erikson and Blair Cottrell, and who reportedly attended a Liberal fundraiser recently.
Health Minister Jenny Mikakos called on the Liberal Party to condemn extremists “instead of walking in lock-step” with them.
“This is just more of the same from the leaderless Victorian Liberal Party and shows once again they are being infiltrated by elements of the far-right,” she said.
Mr Finn said he knew “precisely nothing about the Proud Boys”, and that Ms Beltran had introduced herself on Saturday as a blogger and had asked for the interview.
He said it was a “sensational” day with a crowd of more than 4000 people.
Asked if any far-right extremists had attended, he told the Herald Sun: “I don’t know anybody who fits that description to tell you the truth.”
Other attendees reportedly included far-right activist Avi Yemini and Kathy Clubb, a mother of 13 children who launched a failed challenge to laws that ban protesters harassing patients outside abortion clinics.
The crowd also heard from New South Wales Liberal MP Nathaniel Smith, who recently said he was “disgusted” at changes to abortion laws in his home state.
Reason Party leader Fiona Patten, who attended a rival pro-choice rally on Saturday, also questioned Mr Finn’s “disturbing embrace of the far-right and their ideas”.
But Mr Finn said: “I’m not aware of any undesirable elements turning up at all, apart from Fiona Patten.”
Above : Proud Boys Australia lvl boss Nicholas Stone with recently-retired AltRight propagandist Lauren Southern during her tour last year. Like Bernie Finn, the organiser of Southern & Molyneux’s tour, Christian fun-da-mentalist Dave Pellowe, also hired The Lads Society to provide security for the tour (George Christensen MP was a very special guest of Pellowe’s).
• The Proud Boy Australia website is registered to and maintained by NSW resident Nicholas Stone, who works in the security industry;
• In addition to interviewing Finn, Erikson, Cottrell and various other luminaries, AltLite YouTube personality Claudia Benitez (‘Dia Beltran’) recently attended Hawthorn Uniting Church in order to disrupt a church meeting. Erikson, one of her comrades on that occasion, has subsequently been charged with Disturbing religious worship; he returns to court on November 4;
• Avi Yemini was convicted in July of unlawfully assaulting his former partner, using a carriage service to harass on three occasions and breaching a personal safety order; he returns to court to face other charges on November 6 and 28;
• In the last few months Finn’s other mates in The Lads Society have decided to be open about their embrace of neo-Nazism, by way of declaring themselves a national socialist project and expressing particular appreciation for Nazi ideology on women;
• Samantha Kutner keeps track of Proud Boys activity in North America by way of various writings on the subject and this map.
Above : Neil Erikson interviews Phil Galea.
100% Dinky-Di True-Blue Aussie Patriot Phillip Galea is currently on trial in Melbourne for alleged terrorisms, viz plotting terrorist attacks on Trades Hall in Carlton, The Melbourne Anarchist Club in Northcote and the Resistance Centre in the city. Inter alia, it was revealed last week that Galea allegedly told others he wanted to cut the throats of people in the CBD and create a “line of dead lefties”.
Freedom to Jock Palfreeman
Cafe Gummo is hosting a benefit gig for Jock Palfreeman on Thursday, November 7, featuring the fabulous talents of HORNY ELKS (‘Local ska punks of Russian descent, horns meet jarring riffs; break out the vodka and get ready to party’), WHEN OUR TURN COMES (‘The radical left rockers return to the Gummo stage to deliver another round of hiphop infused punk’), MISHA DOUMNOV (‘After many years living overseas, Misha plays his first return gig of improvised noise /// a storm of eastern darkness’) & more TBA.
• $10 Waged /// $5 Unwaged /// Free for First Nations Mob, Asylum Seekers & Refugees;
• Door charge & cut of bar takings will go directly to Jock to help him pay legal fees & living expenses pending his safe return;
• Additional solidarity donations welcome /// BPRA merch available on the night (cash only).
This event will take place on the land of the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation. We wish to pay our respects to their Elders past, present, and emerging, and acknowledge that sovereignty has never been ceded.
See also : ‘Everybody hates us’: on Sofia’s streets, Roma face racism every day, Vivek Chaudhary, The Guardian, October 20, 2019.
Nazi-sympathising pedophile apologist and #PellDefender Milo Yiannopoulos — a Proud Boys favourite — has lost his Dangerous website (possibly SOLD! to an obscure Left-wing gay blog, who knows …).